Urology Associates PC
You are the face of the practice. You need to be able to handle the patient’s needs with grace and efficiency ensuring accuracy at all levels of contact.
Interacts with all levels of the URA business organization.
- Prep charts per Nurse direction.
- Greet patients – You are the face of the practice.
- Ensure that HIPAA regulations are followed at all times.
- Enter all demographic and insurance information accurately and completely.
- Collect co-pays or amounts due.
- Ensure that Nurse/PA/MD knows that patient has checked in.
- Acknowledge all patients as they arrive and address them in a timely manner.
- Schedule patients for follow-up appointments.
- Schedule patients for recall appointments accurately.
- Distribute patient education as required and test/lab order slips as needed.
- Ensure patient has contact information for procedures/tests to be scheduled.
- Review and distribute incoming faxes hourly and review your email hourly.
- Complete all fast-track scanning quickly, with nothing left at end of day.
- Assist Physicians with locating information as needed (referring MD’s, etc).
- Break down charts throughout the day, scanning/indexing all new information.
- Put charts together for next day, correcting usual providers as needed.
- Prepare charts for late day add-ons.
- Settle credit card machine and balance at end of day.
- Complete closing duties including locking money bag and preparing transport envelopes.
- Pick up mail daily.
- Straighten front lobby mid day and end of day or as needed.
- You are a team and must work cooperatively with your co-workers.
- High school degree or GED required
- Computer skills required.
- Scheduling and Front office experience preferred.
- Strong organization skills.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
Required to perform gross body coordination such as walking, stooping, and standing while performing tasks, carrying and lifting objects. Required to perform simple motor skills and manipulative skills such as typing and writing.
Required to sit for long periods of time.
Required to walk and stand (including for long periods of time).
Required to read computer screen.
Required to hear normal sounds with some background noise when answering phones.
Able to process great amounts of information, apply problem solving skills and exercise good judgment. Ability to multi-task.
- Swedish Medical Center
Occasional travel between offices for a daily assignment or meeting.